Sunday, March 6, 2011

What's black and white, and red.. a little bit?

This is my entry in the Shabby Tea Room challenge, here is the inspiration photo they provided.
I don't have any black and white polka dot patterned paper.  No troubles.  I made my own using a 1" circle punch.  I used a Versa Color Cube, in Bark, around the edges.  Again, I took out my Martha Stewart scallop dot border punch, to do those strips.  The actual card is made of Botany, (very similar to Kraft).  Some 1/8" wide, black satin ribbon. The paper with text, is some 12x12 paper that I trimmed.  I added a black, adhesive pearl to the centre of that sweet silk poppy.
Showed this card to hubby, and he said it looked like a garter :(  No, I told him, lace is very big in card making at the moment.  Really!
Ah, they just don't get it do they? ;)  Now I have been a *bit* clever, and also entered this for the PDCC#71 challenge they are having over at the The Play Date Cafe.  Those folks were having a challenge with black and white, and a splash of colour!!  Here is the inspiration graphic.
ha ha, I can combine the two I thought.  And so did a few of you other lovely ladies ;)  Well, that's it from me.  Off to pop this card on the linkies. 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely ... wonderful giant polka dotted paper!! Thanks for sharing your design with us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'pop' of the poppy :) Thanks for playing at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona, totally, stole what I wanted to say! LOL! LOVE that gorgeous poppy, and all your scrumptious layers, Trish! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! I love the design, the 'garter' (LOL!), and that lovely poppy! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete