Sunday, February 13, 2011

{Ta-da!!}

Here's my entry in the Embellish Color Trends Challenge with Hearts.  What do you think? It really *is* a bit of a challenge having to use certain colours, plus hearts.  I will be using that gorgeous teal colour again :)

The "Be Mine" swag is a digital stamp from Tiffany Doodles.  It's in her Sentiments range.  I had never used a digital item like this - but they're great.  Just download the item, do any colour changes, print on card, and trim.  Easy!

I went around the edges of the card stock with a Versa colour cube, in Bark.

I used my Martha Stewart Scallop Dot, Border edge punch.  Love it.
Anna's Craft Cupboard has these at a really great price btw ;)  The neutral/brown coloured card, is Botany.  This card stock has a recycled component, and is 230gsm in weight.  Plaza DJ really helped me out with that!  And I'm not on commission - honestly!  ;)

A behind the scenes look at the making of this card.  I gathered together any bits and pieces that might be useful, and just had a bit of a play around.  I was looking for anything I had for that amazing colour combination: Hot Pink, Deep Red, Teal, and Olive Green.  Yes, that's the "Marrtha Stoo-wart" border punch in the bottom right there ;)

7 comments:

  1. This is such a great banner! Thanks so much for joining Embellishes Color Trends with Hearts challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet card...I love the banner that you've added to it! Happy Valentine's Day! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!! I love how you made this card!! so pretty!! great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out great! I'm always so impressed with you girls who are so good at papercrafting. You turn out the cutest things! I'm your linky neighbor at Gina's Transformation Thursday. I hope you'll stop by Cottage and Creek for a visit. Happy Saturday!
    ~ Lynn
    www.cottageandcreek.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card--I have that punch, so you've just inspired me.
    I love to scrapbook and make cards too...so I'll be a regular reader of your blog! And thanks for comment on my gardening blog! I shared your comment about the asparagus fern with my husband--he laughed! Thanks for the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card!

    I also wanted to come by and say 'Thank You' for visiting my blog! I really appreciate your kind comments! I am now a follower of yours as well! :)

    Aymee
    aka A Scraphappy Southernbelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your take on the challenge, Trish. Hi from across the 'ditch'!

    ReplyDelete