Monday, May 24, 2010

New Jam Jar idea :)

I've been thinking about fairs and cake stalls lately... trying to think up a new way of presenting homemade jams, chutneys and the like. I always think the round piece of fabric placed on top with a ribbon, looks like a lady's hat. So...this is what I came up with. It's a jam jar lady. Instructions: 1. Cut a circle of fabric or patterned paper, place on lid and secure with rubber band and a ribbon over the top. 2. I used a large oval punch on cream paper, and then trimmed one end off for the face. 3. Eyes were 1/2" and 1/4" circle punches, and a loveheart mouth. Hint: you need the right weight of paper - I used 110gsm, and I also used double sided mounting paper, or JAC paper, to secure them nicely, with no glue! I adhered the mounting paper to the coloured paper, before punching the shapes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment